“These batteries can fail whilst on charge, sometimes with explosive force”

The Wiltshire fire rescue service has warned residents after attending two “similar” incidents involving vape pens and e-cigarettes in the past week.

The Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service issued images of the separate incidents, which showed a charred plug socket and microwave as well as blackened kitchen countertops.

The fire service noted that both homes were fitted with operational smoke alarms.

These activated and alerted the residents, all of whom evacuated safely.

However, Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service stated that these incidents demonstrate how vape pens and e-cigarettes can “fail” while they are charging.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: “E-cigarettes are sold with either single-use batteries or lithium-ion rechargeable batteries.

Read full article here.

Rebecca Cook – Wiltshire Live – 2022-01-02.

Want More Investigative Content?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here